Monday, March 19, 2007

Discoveries...

It's so nice to find something new...It's a very pleasant feeling that makes me happy...Last week was filled with pleasant feelings and new discoveries...Here I wanna point out 3 main ones:
1.
Prejudice breaking about "turkish devushka from dorf"
So was called by me all girls that I proposed Erkan to marry when we quarelled. I imagined it that a girl listens to her man, cooks daily at least 3 different meals, washes, is always beside, never works, aiming to bring as much children as possible, wears closed clothes (with covered hair) and never says a word to her man.
I had the same opinion of a wife of Erkans friend who married 17 year-old girl in turkish village in a week after he got acquainted with her. I told many bad things of them...That a girl is using him, that he wanna just use her
like a slave and so on....
I didnt want to go to them when Erkan said that we are invited, but also had a kind of interest....but was expecting to have boring evening cause not understanding much in turkish...
I was very pleasantly excited when I saw that girl;) She had make-up on her face and was dressed even in a more opened pullover than me;) She looked friendly;) Tried to communicate with me in all possible languages (although she knew just one). Murat (Erkan's friend) was also friendly to me( although we always had conflicts before). Their eyes were shining of hapiness...They proposed us smth to eat (nothing cooked that means she didnt cook all day long)....They laughed so much...She also..Much and loud...Made jokes of her husband...But good ones...When I started to laugh out him cause of playing pc-games...She also showed her negative attitude...She's cool and nice girl...Completely not evet-canim type...And she managed to set so warm contact with me although we even dont speak one language...Surely she's a baby and have interests same like Sevda, surely she isnt educated and asks me if they pay in russia with euro, surely she cant answer the question if her village is to the weat or east of Istambul...But she's also not guilty that she was born in village...She's caring,
funny and opened to new things girl...We played different cards games that Filiz was proposing one by one, laughed and had fun, Murat tried to show the focuses that I always discovered and we all together laughed at him;)We also had a nice and hard water-pipe and cards became even funnier after that;)They showed us their marriage video...Really it was amazing to watch....Such a village I've never been before....Like in "Borat";) You may call it so;) And they...Filiz with Murat are there...Really amazing...I was so excited...They explained me all their traditions, asked how it is in Russia, hurried us up with Erkan to marry....And we had completely warm atmosphere....Then she put out all her weddinf stuff like bunches, bands, flowers, little presents and so of of the wedding...One red ribbon was cut by them into 2 parts and 1 took out of her hands to me, and the other got Erkan from Murat...It is believed that we'll repeat their fortune and marry soon;) Insallah;)
We returned home happy and with pleasant feelings....I was really amazed by that girl and by the evening and Erkan happy that I broke my prejudice...

Next day, on sunday, we were invited by other Murat, who studies in same uni with Erkanim and has an italian girl-friend...They date already since 2 years and he hides her from her parents and other turks cause she isnt turkish...Daniela comes from South Tirol and studies here, in Austria...I knew them from my previous visits..We went bowling and cinema together, or also played cards together...Now we were invited to their dorm to eat...Even from 1st steps into the room we got wow smell from kitchen...
They served for us a table like in a best restraunt with all the rules of etiquete;) After that long meal followed with salad, soup, baguettes and gulyash with bayernish rolls (forgot their name). Dani tried to invent something new and take from all kitchens possible that perhaps I could never taste...Was so nice from her side..Everything was delicious;)))) Dani doesnt speak much and if she does she tells smth very-very silent and to Murat first before she tells it whole auditorium, she smiles...Doesnt laugh loud...She doesnt drink alcohol and declined water-pipe...She wears pullover with high neck...After eating she proposed tea to everyone and disappeared for 20 minutes to wash aaaalll dishes... After that card games followed with surely fun but mostly between men and a nice dessert from Dani...They are really a nice couple...
They are so intellegent and we mostly speak of culture geography and world issue of that Murat mostly asks: Dani and how is that there and here. And she knows aswers to everything...And in June they come to Moscow... Hope to show them russian hospitability and russian culture...
Why am writing here about that? What I got from these 2 weekend visits...You dont have to be turkish devushka from dorf to suit to all the description I mentioned in the beggining...You can be russian, italian, austrian, whatever...And if you are a turkish girl from village it's not 100% that you are the one described;) And if you match with the description it doesnt mean you are bad;) If I would be Murats mum I would accept that italian girl immediately...
After these 2 wonderfull evenings with these nice people I lost the cliche from my mind....And am happy about what I discovered.
Thank you Erkanim...Thank you Dani and Filiz...For helping to breake my stereotypes...
2. It's possible to ski and get suntan similteniously;)
This
discovery was described by me in previous post but it was really something that amazed me...We skied and also layed in the sun 2 days and that brought me so much pleasure...That was really new experience that I liked like never before;)

3. Being optimistic and positive is really a pleasure for you and all people around
Katya is my friend who tries to keep always best mood and I always get so much energy and good emotions of her...In sad moments I thought: Hmmm....Why not to try to be like her? Why not to find something positive even in baddies? Why not to try to think of everything from positive side. For example. We have exams in 2 weeks again...The whole group says: Noo...so shitty...We will not have time enough to prepare....Come on guys!!! Who of you prepares more than 2days before exams??? I say: That's cool..We'll be sooner free;)
With that mood I lived through last week and am in the same mood now.
And the value of it I realised this weekend when we had a conference for newies...Yes, it wasnt the best...And there were many bugs...Starting from technics, continueing in delegates who were not the people for @ at all...But throughout all project I thought: Hey, here are the people I work with and enjoying communicating with that people...Here are the topic I enjoy to tell about...Here are the delegates and some of them are really smart...And with technics we always found right and creative solution;) Girls were shouting at each other or panicaning some times...I told that we are cool... Мы желудочки:))))I told that I love them...I was shining...I was happy...I wanted to work non-stop and I got pleasure of that work..At evaluation meeting I was the only who said I liked it...I was the only who wanted to continue and wasnt tired although slept just 4hours...And we were 2 people who had concern of what is going on...When I was unpacking sugar-cubes in tram...I was amazed...So many people: faci, delegates, Conference manager (she was always busy and nervous) thanked me for brining positive to atmosphere...They wrote it made them happy...They wrote it let them feel at ease...
And I am happy to be happy myself... and also other people...
Thank you Katya for showing me this way;)))
***
At the moment I feel happy...It's not always that u make 3 bright discoveries in 1 week but such weeks really happen...And I wish all of you to have such days and experince to open new things for you;)
Thank you all who helped me in this expedition!!!!!

No comments: