Saturday, May 17, 2008

Washington (or по следам Хрусталевой и Богородицкой)


5.45 am I get up and start to prepare myself for the trip... Lena is standing and repeating continiously that am gonna be late...

7 am I am sitting in the bus with the old coloured guy...and falling asleep next second

11am I am in Washington DC, like in those Holywood movies the line is running under the picture "washington DC"... My trip has started...I don't even know whether I was travelling through this marvelous city, through the pages of my English school-book or through the american movies about love, family, school or whatever...

The weather was really gorgeous, and me in the heart on US, recognising the architecture from pictures in the book or movies, watching hundreds of school trips and children playing in the lane of National Mall...

Really amazing... I was jumping under the sunm feeling myself totally happy...

Washington people are really very polite, everytime I asked them to make a foto, they defined my accent, asking where I am from, how did I come and welcomed me to DC.

People are helpful there, or is it me who is looking so helpless and attracts them? Speaking about politeness, I was amazed that in metro rush-hour, everybody is apologising the touching the neighbour accidentally...

I walked the Washington through by feet, starting from my bus-station to the White House, through the Capitol, Washington Memorial, Museum of National Art, the Castle opposite, WWII monument, and Lincoln memorial... The one I remember from "The Apes" movie where the Lincoln turned out to be the monkey.... Standing near reflecting pool and seeing Washington memorial in it... Really amazing feeling...A black-white picture from school book was jumping in front of my eyes... And me.... Who interfered to this picture....

That is the city not to compare with New York, it's less than Ufa, but really so cozy, developed and welcoming... That is a nice place to live and a must to visit...

No comments: