Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Me and the City (or что вижу, то пою)

Big Billboards containing almost the same name as the title are looking to me from the houses, skyscrapers, lightwalls. Sex comes to New York on 30th of May...
My plane has landed here 23 days earlier... When the amazing time started...
So as I have written, if am not writing long, it means either I am dead or everything is going very cool... Or I left laptop at home (happens for the 1st time with me)...
Day 1. Meeting Lena...Dinner in italian restaraunt, big red E&Y letters on Times Square, very tired, a walk near the ocean...Laughing till stomach aches (as usually with her)...and night talks, sensire talks, shocking talks, supportive talks... I think sun has started to lighten Manhatten already when we felt asleep...
Day 2. The city of contrasts... After getting asleep at 4 AM, we get up at 8... Lena goes to work and I go to explore New York, first thing that is coming into the eyes on Times Square where she left me...Business man in expensive suits (and white sport sneakers!!!) follow same streets with black poor homeless people... Frankly, streets are dirty, houses are high, you have to stretcy your neck like giraffe to see smth upper... Where is clean Europe with tiny churches and roofs? The rain makes me hide in the big shopping centre, where I spend the rest time till lunch enjoying shopping...Really fancy clothes and windows of the shops with so many poor people in underground.. Enjoying lunch with Lena in EY cafeteria, 22nd floor with the view on Times Square...Amazing...The contrasts start to appear right after lunch, rain changes with the sun, I go from 9th avenue to Broadway, down to 14th Street, Union Square...The closer it is for the centre, the more clean and cool the city becomes...At union Square I make a foto, paying 3$ to know how the clock on the wall function, listen to the guy about the issue of children in Africa who proposes to solve me the problem by paying just 22$ a month, and also buying in super Columbia wine...Asked passport for the 1st time when I buy alcohol since 7 years....
( to be continued tomorrow, tired, see pictures on vkontakte and facebbok)

No comments: