Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 6. Fast-food opera

The famous Broadway Opera, the dream of every Big Apple visitor who cares... So as I consider myself to be the vistor who cares, we went to the Phantom of the Opera, since I held the tickets in my hand (expensive ones I should say) there were just the melody and lyrics of the famous "the phantooom of the Opera is here, inside youuuur mind"...really inside my mind... The show was really so great, the shootings which made me jump on my seat, the falling lamp, boat trip, the voice of the phantom behind me... Really like in movie... Like in movie...In movietheatre... Where's the culture of the theatre? The ladies in the furs? Shampaighn in theatre restaraunt? People come here in sport shoes, wearing jeans and not caring about the garderobe, which by the way Shakespeare considered to be the beggining of the theatre... Broadway opera is a fast food, made for tourists who come here daily, 1700 watchers a day and not a single free place, they'll eat everything you give them... As the result, we come, watch and leave.. Really like in MacDonalds, which is by the way just opposite the theatre, and nice place for toilet as 1700 vsitors do not suit into 2 restrooms in 10 min ;) However, today we got that we are the lucky ones, as the people experienced also pop-corn eaten beside...
The phantom of the opera is here, inside my mind...

No comments: