Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Camping on Volga

This weekend we decided to go with tents to Volga...
For me it's was really a challenge cause I never went so far with electrical train (3h), I never slept in tent and yandex.ru told bad weather forecast.
This trip was nothing special to describe cause we stayed there with 9 people, fried sausages and potato and some people swam in Volga, although for me it was cold and dirty (definetly not a swimming pool). Yet I have 3 Key Learning Points of this event
1. I am good at motivating people:)
Although it's not for a long time. Yes, I noticed that before but this saturday it was really a funny situation. Every saturday meeting we held a training of market research. My friend Inna also participates at such trainings and this morning she also appeared there. I was with luggage and tent and she with shoes on hills and short skirt with laptop in her bag and many documents;) Nothing was expecting her to go with us. Anyway I wanted much that she goes with us and I motivated her. The surprising of other people and Inna herself was very great why she went there although was just out for training but that discovered on the half way to the placement (Tverskaya oblast)
2. I will never apply for Russian MC
For me it's very important people and atmosphere I'm working with. We were 9 people there. 5 from LC Moscow and 4 from MC. They stayed always apart of us. Ate their own food, drank their drinks, without any sharing. They didnt help in building up tents, although slept their. They ate what we cooked and didnt communicate almost at all with us, surely they did, but in such a manner as though we are the downer classa and they are super-heroes... How evil and cruel people are there, how self-proud and unnaturel they behave. After having a bit more alcohol they started to make offending jokes about our LC. Good that we didnt drink that much and didnt burn the fire to quarell:) Anyway, it was for me wonder how MC changes people (not just in a good way) I met that people in May and they were quite normal and friendly. If they have such culture and atmosphere there. No! thank you! I will search another place for my development.
3. Camping is not for me:)
Definately! As ou perhaps know I am very good at complaining, I dont say that I am such comfort-used girl but sleeping almost on the earth (my sleeping bag was the thinest), having no warm water and no toilet or shower, eating with dirty hands was a bit uncomfortable to me. So I wanted to run to this dirty-aired Moscow to my bed, shower and toilet:) And the main reason surely internet where I can share my feelings!
Mashka invites me for 2 weeks camping on the lake with her parents if I dont get visa, she promises matras, capming shower, toilet in the tent and gprs;)
The point to think over;)


1 comment:

pugovichka said...

Hi!
Good that the trip brought you worth learning points!!

Did you really tell Inna that she's going on training for 2 days? :)))

And.. about MC (you see I could not leave this topic without a comment:)) Although I can understand your feelings and I am not going to change your opinion, my perspective is that each person choses what he/she wants to gain from this xp and what kind of person to be after the year; so this is not MC as an institute/experience, these are the people who create conditions for themselves; i think that no person changes for better or worse if he/she doesn't really want it..

Anyways, i am sure you choose an XP that will be for you:) i told you about intuition