Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Around the globe

We are sitting 6 girls around the table and having our cappuccino. Katya is drinking Mojito, as usual…
Making jokes, sharing the experience of the year passed by, started from 1st of May 2007, when 5 of us sat in cold Saratov, and 1 in Sri-Lanka….
Discussing our destinations…
Marina goes to Argentina, Katya to Pakistan, another Katya to Mauritius (that’s in Africa), Sasha to Mexico, me to Germany, Ira still thinks…
I mean, I started to doubt if I am really a change agent, everybody goes to such far-countries, thinking not just about their development, but also about the development of others, contribution to the organization, breaking stereotypes at the end, taking challenge.
The biggest challenge I could take was moving 3h away from my boyfriend, working in Big Four Firm, and even of that I started to doubt when was proposed cool salary here in Moscow…
What is my contribution and how can I bring something good and positive to this world? I will not shift people’s mindsets somewhere in Argentina, let the people experience Uruguay, recruit people in the islands of Indian ocean, but building up a family, and bringing children to the world is also something…
After yesterday quarrel with Erkan which let me oversleep today and be 1.5 h late for work, I realized, I really wanna go there… He accused me in having no trust and so on, but I still wanna go there…
Destination K-N-O-W-N.

No comments: